1.Q: Is it true that Hong Kong notaries public can only notarize documents issued in Hong Kong?
A: Unless specified by the country receiving the document, in general Hong Kong notaries public can notarize documents that are not issued in Hong Kong (except under special circumstances).
2. Q: What is the scope of notarization services?
A: Common notarization services include but are not limited to notarizing the following documents: –
- Identity documents (e.g. ID card, passport)
- Proof of marital status (e.g. certificate of marriage, certificate of absence of marriage record)
- Birth certificate, death certificate
- Proof of kinship
- Proof of transaction / transfer of property in the form of a gift
- Notarized translations
- Witnessing signature
- Authorized engagement
- Company certificates (e.g. certificate of incorporation, certificate of change of name, business registration certificate)
- Company search results (e.g. annual returns, articles of association)
- Certified true copy of the original
- Resolution of board of directors / shareholders
- Financial guarantee
- Documents in litigation matters
- Apostille by the High Court and consulates
- Signature / chop guarantee