Civil Celebrant Service


After deciding the date of marriage and the time of registration, the couple-to-be should give a notice of intended marriage in person at the marriage registries at least 3 months prior to the intended date of marriage. Upon receipt of the “marriage registration certificate”, the civil celebrant can celebrate their marriage and sign the certificate of marriage on-site.


What documents do you need to submit?

If the couple-to-be should are unmarried holders of Hong Kong permanent identity card over the age of 21 years old, they need to provide the following originals of documents and information: –


  • Hong Kong Identity Cards of the groom-to-be and the bride-to-be
  • Their names in Chinese and English, their current occupations in Chinese and English, their current address in Chinese and English
  • Contact phone numbers of the groom-to-be and the bride-to-be
  • Copy identity card of the parents of the groom-to-be and the bride-to-be, if they wish to show that on the certificate of marriage
  • The English names of two witnesses over the age of 21 (the English name must be identical with the English name on the identity card)

(If the witnesses are not parents of the groom-to-be or the bride-to-be, please provide a copy of their identity cards)

As every couple-to-be may hold different identity documents with different age and marital status, please provide other relevant supporting documents depending on individual circumstances.

The civil celebrant service is available at our firm or other places (such as restaurants, hotels, clubs, homes, and even some churches). This adds flexibility to the arrangement of the marriage ceremony.