Mortgage, transfer of property and property redemption


Banks generally require a law firm to be on their approved lists before allowing it to represent the bank in handling the mortgage and property redemption businesses. Generally speaking, the purchaser and vendor of property should respectively note that during the purchase of a property the title deed and bank mortgage should be handled by the same lawyer; whereas during the sale of a property, the title deed and the redemption deed should also be handled by the same lawyer, so as to reduce the legal costs.